Monday, September 19, 2011

Power of the Loupes

The eBay gods have seen fit to smile upon my project by bringing me one of the essential items needed to make a really nice set of aviator goggles.  I found a pair of clip-on magnifying double loupes to add to my goggles and they were incredibly reasonably priced.  The loupes arrived today so I had to share a picture of what they look like.  These are normally used by jewlers or anyone doing very fine work that might be hard to see otherwise.  The two lenses have different magnification values and so you use them individually or combined to see things really close up.  The clip built onto the back of the extension makes it easy to add to my goggles plus I could move them around and not have them be permanently in any one spot.  I'm so excited to have gotten these through the mail because I haven't seen them for sale anywhere around here.  Of course, I have been through that before too.  Check out the pic and see what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment