Saturday, August 18, 2012

More Work on the New Goggles

I started out with another pair of the cup style goggles and I painted these with just a full coat of metal color instead of doing the black to rub n buff like I have been doing.  This is what they are starting as:



I found a couple of handles that I wanted to use on the sides of the goggles that could be attached through the vent holes with regular bolts and nuts.  One was at Home Depot and the other I found at Hobby Lobby which was only for decoration but it's metal and heavy duty anyway.




The one at Home Depot was really cheap and they had more than one style to choose from so I will be keeping them in mind for future projects.  I was also able to make my own "pressure relief attachment" that was made of a spring, a two inch bolt, two washers and a threaded insert for wooden furniture.  I sandwiched the spring between the two washers and stacked them on the bolt with the threaded insert underneath to keep them raised slightly off the goggles.



After getting all of this stuff together I put some stuff aside to make some modified lenses.  Namely parts for a plastic string holder and bits off a sheet of colored photography gels.  Soon the whole thing will come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment