Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Foam Dart Guns Are Alright By Me

So, this is proof that my partner, James, is just amazing. After lunch today he brings me his find from the local Dollar General store, a brand new Ultra Shot Extreme Foam Dart Blaster. I guess the operative question here would be "why care about a foam dart gun?" The reason is because it can be a great starting point for creating a unique steampunk weapon. Maybe something that hurls bolt of energetic plasma at targets or maybe emits deadly beams of Radiant Matter. Either way, the gun was only three dollars so very little initial investment there.

The next step for this project will be to disassemble the gun for painting and start changing the overall color to copper for a distinct look. I already have some various pieces that I can add for different effects like gauges or piping. I'll keep track of the steps so I can show the entire process and maybe even work out some ideas that I haven't tried before as far as painting techniques go. I'll update again on this as soon as I have some of the steps down.



No comments:

Post a Comment