Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Goggle Project: Part 4

The next thing that I decided to try on the new goggles was to make one of the lenses a different color.  That may sound easy but I had to try a couple of different methods first before I settled on one.  I used a piece of colored plastic to try to make a colored side of one of the clear lenses but the glue that I used did not really stick very well.  Maybe if I find a strong spray on adhesive I can try this again later.  I then used an acrylic paint for glass and brushed it onto the clear lens.


Red seemed like a good choice to make the goggles really stand out from some of the others that I have made before.  It has a rough sort of look but overall I think that it works well.  The tinted green lens is behind the red mostly to make them fit the ring the way they are supposed to and so they don't rattle around.  The lenses in place and the individual pieces painted and clear coated the goggles have already started to take on a life of their own.  Of course, there is still the issue of the stickiness which I cannot seem to get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment