Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Goggle Project: Part 5

Eventually I will have found a name for these goggles and it won't have to be "New Goggle Project" all the time.  For now, I am going to focus on the items I decided to use on the sides of the goggles.  I want to explore more of the armature type items and this one I built from various different parts.  I took an arm from a lot of spare clock parts I had, a couple of gears including a really large plastic gear from a broken card shuffling toy, a long brass screw and one of the springs out of the clock stuff.  I had to switch out the location of the spring a couple of times and finally settled on it being right out at the end under the head of the screw.  This applied enough pressure against the other parts to keep the clock arm from falling down and it can be adjusted to any angle.


The other side was a little easier to set up because I just added some holes to a small compass I had in my stuff and screwed it onto the outside and then painted it with a clear coat to keep it from being too shiny and new looking.


I was very pleased with how these turned out and it makes for an interesting visual appearance overall.  This pair of goggles started out as an experiment (of course) then turned into a requested item from someone that lives in the same apartment as my friend.  It looks like now, however, that it is going to be up for grabs as I am not sure he is interested in them anymore.  I'll have to keep posting on how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment