Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Carolina Renaissance Festival

We made it to the Renaissance Festival early on Sunday morning and I have to say that it was a lot of fun.  We met several friends and a lot of people that were really interested in asking about our steampunk stuff.  This is Lauren who sported one of my cup style goggles.  This was the more classical look, I think, with the loupes, faux locks and added parts that looked like an older more victorian style.



This is the outfit that I wore including the Excelsior Goggles and my steampunk side arm which I will detail more a little later on.  (BTW, I think that may have been John Kerry in the background but I never talked to him so I cannot confirm this one way or another.)


My outfit turned out a little more western than I had originally envisioned but all the responses to my goggles and steampunk gun were really positive so I can't feel bad about it.  I have really focused more on the gadgets than on the clothing so I can modify the rest later on.


This is a pic of myself and a lady that we met who makes her own costumes, Peggy.  She was really nice about encouraging us both to go after out dreams of making costumes/steampunk stuff and she related that she has been successful in these areas herself.  She made her entire costume, including the hat, in about a week so I can only be in awe of that level of talent.


This young lady was wearing handmade steampunk wings which were just too cool not include on this post.  Very interesting stuff.





The entire day was a lot of fun and I feel more motivated about continuing with steampunking just about everything that I can get my hands on.

3 comments:

  1. I just found this! That is me with the wings! You guys looked fantastic and it was wonderful to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you found this post. Sorry I was not able to credit you in it when I posted it. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete
    2. Oh no problem at all! Thank you for posting it. I've been looking through your blog, your new creations are wonderful! Keep up the good work! I saw you have an etsy shop so I will be sure to keep an eye on it ;).

      Delete