Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Final Cup Style Goggles

So before our day of the Ren Fest arrived I was able to get the two pairs of goggles completed and ready to be worn around in public.  The first pair are the ones I gave to Lauren and I had tried to go for a slightly more classical approach (locks on the sides, a raised almost triangular attachment just above the side vents and plus the two almost flower like raised pieces below the vents.)  I wanted to put some keys on here too but time constraints and all that.  Plus the keys I had ended up just being too big to add the way that I had originally planned.  I did like the post that I added specifically to be able to give the loupes somewhere to grip on these.


The next set are the goggles that I made for James and these had a much more mechanical feel because I added the numbers dial on one of the vents so that it could still be turned as if you were adjusting some setting on the goggles and I put a copper coil just below one of the vents.  There is also a wire screwed in to the other side and the wire actually goes around into the inside of the goggles.  I also really like the big key that I added to the top and got a lot of compliments on this at the festival the next day.


Both goggles have some new ideas piloted on them for the first time like the thin beading wire around the nose piece and the "targeting" lenses.  These were done with a glow in the dark spray paint so you can enjoy a different feature of the goggles at night.  I also did more of drilling small holes to pass things through to attatch more securely.  This included the large key on James' goggles and the copper wiring.  Hope everyone likes these and I can't wait to get started on more projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment